Where is Waldorf?

Waldorf is located in Forest City, Iowa, in the north central part of the United States, known as the upper Midwest. This region has a reputation for being especially clean, friendly, quiet, spacious and safe. The crime rate in Iowa is among the lowest in the United States and the cost of living in the Midwest is lower than larger cities and coastal regions.

Iowa is known for its high educational standards, small-town family values and its agriculture. The area surrounding Forest City is mainly farmland with small towns dotting the landscape approximately every 20 kilometers. There are four distinct seasons in Iowa. Summer is warm and quite humid; winter has temperatures frequently below freezing and snow; spring and fall are very pleasant and mild.

How big is Forest City?

Forest City has a population of approximately 4,500 people. The city is the headquarters of Winnebago Industries, a major manufacturer of recreational vehicles that employs nearly 3,000 people. The city is located midway between Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn. (population of 3 million) and Iowa's capitol, Des Moines (population of 400,000).

How big is Waldorf?

Waldorf has approximately 600 undergraduate students representing almost every state of the U.S. and more than two dozen countries.

What majors and degrees does Waldorf offer?

View Waldorf’s programs of study. Students that are interested in studying in the US are reminded that they are only allowed to pursue degrees on campus.

What can I do during my free time at Waldorf University?

When the studying is done, there are plenty of opportunities on campus for students to get involved. Numerous campus groups host events and activities, and we're always bringing in musicians, comedians, hypnotists and other exciting entertainers. In addition to on campus fun, we make frequent trips to the Twin Cities and Des Moines for shopping, professional sporting events, zoo trips and much more!

There is even a club for international student to gather with domestic students and share their culture. Check out the World Student Association Facebook page to look at past events!

What is the cost to attend Waldorf?

View Waldorf's tuition and payment information.

Are scholarships or financial aid available?

Every international student at Waldorf receives some form of financial aid. This financial aid is in the form of grants (funds that do not have to be repaid to the college) and are generally based on academic merit and financial need.

To apply for financial aid, students must apply and be accepted for enrollment.

Is Waldorf accredited?

Yes, Waldorf is fully accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges.

Does Waldorf require the TOEFL Exam?

Waldorf requires all international students to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam as part of the admission process. Waldorf's institutional code is 6925. ACT, SAT, IELTS, or STEP EIKEN scores may be substituted for the TOEFL score.

Students who achieve a minimum paper based score of 500 or internet based score of 61 will be considered for regular degree admission.

Does Waldorf accept transfer credit?

Waldorf accepts transfer credit from most other accredited colleges and universities around the world. Students who are interested in transferring to Waldorf should send a certified copy of their transcripts, complete with English translation and course descriptions. If possible, send a catalog (in English) from the institution. Transfer credit accepted by Waldorf is through the discretion of our registrar.

How do I make my SEVIS payment?

You must pay $200 to the Student/Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security at least three business days before your visa interview. There are currently three options available to make the payment:

  • Credit or Debit Card (Online)
  • Check or Money Order (Mail)
  • Western Union Quick Pay

Please see the SEVIS website for further details.

How do I make a visa interview appointment?

Pay your SEVIS fee at least three days prior to attending a visa interview. If your payment has not gone through, you will most likely be denied an interview. You may schedule your interview online through the U.S. Embassy:

  • Select your country of residence
  • Select ‘Visa Information’
  • Select ‘Non-Immigrant Visas’
  • Select ‘Schedule Visa Interview’

How do I get to Forest City?

You should make your flight arrangements to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn. Waldorf University offers a shuttle to and from the airport on selected days and times. Please be sure to make your travel arrangements to coincide with the dates of the shuttle services.

Once you have booked your ticket, email your international student advisor (admissions@waldorf.edu) with the details of your travel itinerary including flight numbers, airports, times and dates.

Can I come to the U.S. before the semester starts?

Yes, you may enter the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the report date on your I-20.

Can I come to the U.S. late (after the I-20 report date)?

You are expected to arrive no later than the report date on your I-20. Exceptions may only be made in extenuating circumstances.

What should I bring to the Port of Entry?

You need to bring your I-20, copy of financial aid award letter, financial documents, passport, Waldorf acceptance letter and copies of your secondary school records. Also, carry the contact information of your international student advisor with you.

How do I sign up for on-campus housing?

Review the on-campus housing options before making your selection. Once you've decided on your preferences, you'll need to fill out the on-campus housing form.

When will I find out my roommate/housing assignment?

Housing assignment letters are sent to students toward the end of July. These letters contain as much information as possible concerning the student's room, meal plan, parking permit and mailbox for the fall semester. In addition, these assignment letters provide students with information concerning their roommate and all the subsequent contact information to provide students the opportunity to contact each other before the semester begins.

Can I live off campus?

Students are required to live in university housing and have a board plan unless they meet at least one of the following exceptions.

  • Student has children living with him/her.
  • Student has lived on campus for at least six semesters.
  • Student has transferred in with at least 30 credits prior to the start of the semester.
  • Student is married.
  • Student is a veteran.
  • Student lives at home with parents and commute from their permanent address within a 35-mile radius of the university.
  • Student will be at least 21 years old prior to the first day of class for the semester they wish to live off campus.

Do I need to bring my own linens?

No, you will not need to bring linens (blankets, towels, sheets, etc.). Waldorf will lend you a bedding package for your use during your first few nights in Forest City. A shopping trip to Mason City is always on the agenda for international student orientation where you will have a chance to purchase your own bedding items.

Please visit the Residence Life section of our website for further information about housing topics.

Am I required to participate in international student orientation?

International student orientation is required of all first-year international students. Exceptions will only be made in extenuating circumstances.

Do I need to have health insurance?

Health insurance is required of all students. It is only possible to waive Waldorf's health insurance plan if you can provide proof of insurance of comparable or superior coverage from your home country.

When do I register for classes?

Once you have been accepted, our registrar will contact you to set up a registration appointment to enroll you in your course selections.

How do I pay my bill?

View Waldorf's tuition and payment information.

When do I pay my bill?

You will need to pay off your remaining balance prior to registering for classes for the upcoming semester.