- Library Discovery Search: Search articles, books, journals & more
- Library Catalog: Local catalog of books, videos, DVDs, CDs and curriculum materials - Residential Students/Staff Only
- Ebook Academic Collection: Access to electronic books
- Electronic Journals: Full-text journal subscriptions
- Library Guides Research assistance, subject guides and useful resources
- Streaming Movies: Stream movies required for various classes including Critical Inquiry
- Interlibrary Loan: Obtaining books and journals not available at the library
- Journal Indexes, Abstracts and Databases by Program/Major
- Journal Indexes, Abstracts and Databases by Subject
Journal Indexes, Abstracts and Databases by Alphabet
- ABI/Inform: 2,700 scholarly business journals and thousands of worldwide business periodicals. Includes the Wall Street Journal (Eastern edition), Financial Times and The Economist.
- Academic OneFile: Scholarly full-text peer-reviewed academic journals plus thousands of periodicals, trade publications and magazines supporting all subjects and programs.
- Academic Search Ultimate: Multidisciplinary database provides full text for more than 9,000 journals, including full text for nearly 6,500 peer-reviewed titles.
- Agricola: The NAL Catalog (AGRICOLA) provides citations to agricultural literature
- Agriculture: A comprehensive view of agriculture and related fields. The database provides access to current and authoritative content that spans the industry – from practical aspects of farming to cutting edge scientific research in horticulture.
- America: History and Life with Full Text: This bibliographic resource provides a robust source of information focusing on the history and life of the United States and Canada.
Archival Films and Newsreels Collection: Archival footage in our streaming film collection
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index: Biographical material on people, living and deceased, from all time periods, geographic locations and fields of endeavor.
- Biography: Over 650,000 biographical entries cover a range of historically significant figures and present-day newsmakers.
- Book Review Index: Millions of book reviews that allow users to conduct research in numerous disciplines, including literature, history, education, psychology and more.
- Brainfuse: Brainfuse ensures that students, adult learners, and job-seekers have access to a personalized, all-in-one learning experience. They can work with live tutors, collaborate with peers and study on their own.
Business: Full-text coverage of business disciplines including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management and strategy through nearly 4,000 leading business and trade publications, updated daily.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Reference Center: This comprehensive full-text database covers all aspects of business continuity and disaster recovery
- Business Insights: Global: Provides company and industry intelligence on thousands of global companies. It includes periodical articles, news articles, and press releases; investment reports; corporate chronologies and company histories; brands and product information; industry and company rankings; financial overviews; industry overviews and HR law case digests. Searches can be done on company name or ticker symbol, industry code/description (SIC or NAICS), subjects in article, geographic search or personal name.
- Business Source Premier: Scholarly business database indexing more than 1,300 journals
- Chilton Library: The most authoritative automotive repair information available to car owners. There are thousands of year, make and model combinations covering the most popular vehicles of the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models.
- CINAHL: Nurses, allied health professionals, researchers, nurse educators and students depend on the CINAHL Database to research their subject areas from this authoritative index of nursing and allied health journals.
- Communications and Mass Media: This collection provides access to academic journals and magazines focusing on all aspects of the communications field. Key subjects: advertising and public relations, literature and writing, linguistics and more.
- Computer Science: Includes leading business and technical publications in the computer, telecommunications, and electronics industries covering everything from hardware to the cloud.
- Contemporary Women's Issues: Features current full text and pertinent backfile coverage of topics relevant to women around the world, including civil rights, health, education, professional development and entrepreneurship
Copyright Clearance Center: [Faculty Use] CCC provides information about acceptable academic materials to use in course content, course writing and course reserves
- Criminal Justice (Gale): Academic journals and magazines on topics in criminal justice and related fields. Key subjects: law, law enforcement, security and terrorism.
- Criminal Justice (ProQuest): Comprehensive database supporting research on crime, its causes and impacts, and legal and social implications
- Culinary Arts: Includes more than five million articles from more than 250 major cooking and nutrition magazines, as well as book reference content from Delmar such as About Wine, Introduction to Catering, Advanced Bread and Pastry and Eat Fit Be Fit.
- Dissertations & Theses Global: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection: A collection of dissertation and theses dealing with the humanities and social sciences.
- Diversity Studies: Explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in the global community. This collection includes more than 2.7 million articles from 150 journals, updated daily.
- Economics and Theory: Academics journals and magazines focusing on topics in economics and related fields. The database has an emphasis on titles indexed in the American Economic Association's EconLit bibliography.
- Educator's Reference Complete: Academic journals, reports, and reference sources in the field of education. Key subject areas include: administration, bilingual education, child development and psychology, funding, health education, technology and testing.
- Entrepreneurial Studies Source: This resource is a full-text database for business students and researchers. It offers hundreds of full-text magazines, journals and books, plus thousands of company profiles and hundreds of videos.
Entrepreneurship: Periodical content supporting business school students and entrepreneurs seeking insights, tips, strategies and success stories.
Environmental Studies: The Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources focuses on the physical, social, and economic aspects of environmental issues. Topic, organization, and country portals form research centers around issues covering energy systems, health care, agriculture, climate change, population and economic development.
- Environmental Studies and Policy: Scholarly journals, magazines, and other reference sources covering environmental issues and policies. It includes diverse perspectives from the scientific community, governmental policymakers and corporate interests.
- ERIC: The largest education database in the world, ERIC includes citations for journal articles, books, research papers, conference papers, technical reports, policy papers, dissertations, these and other materials in the field of education. A majority of the journals are peer-reviewed.
- Films on Demand: Collection of thousands of academic films available for online streaming.
- Fine Arts: Scholarly journals and magazines in the areas of drama, music, art history, and filmmaking. The database emphasizes full-text content for publications included in the Wilson Art Index and RILM bibliography.
- Gardening and Horticulture: Academic journals and magazines focused on both the practical aspects as well as the scientific theory of horticulture studies. Key subjects: biotechnologists, farmers, hobbyists and landscape.
- Gender Studies: Scholarly journals and magazines covering topics including gender studies, family and marital issues and more.
- General OneFile: General interest multi-disciplinary coverage, in journals, periodicals and newspapers.
Global Issues: Is a rich analysis of issues - social, political, military, economic, environmental, science related, health related, cultural - and headlines in world hot spots. It provides information seekers with a framework to better understand 21st-century issues and events while highlighting global connections and the interdependence of all nations.
- GreenFILE: Database containing literature covering all aspects of human impact to the environment.
- Grove Music Online: Online resource for music research, containing the full texts of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, 2nd edition (2001), The New Grove Dictionary of Opera (1992), and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz, 2nd edition (2002)
- Health & Medical Collection: This database offers users vital clinical, biomedical, and health journals. Clinical researchers can access high-impact titles including Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine and more.
- Health and Medicine: Includes periodicals and reference book content designed for both nursing and allied health students as well as consumer health researchers.
- Health and Wellness: Thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works, multimedia and much more. This consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
- Hospitality and Tourism: Scholarly journals, magazines and trade publications that cover topics including the cultural and economic aspects of travel and tourism. It offers current and relevant content of both the historical and current state of affairs in the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Human Anatomy: Human Anatomy, an innovative learning aid that allows students to examine virtual 3D dissections and immerse themselves in interactive research.
I – K
- IBISWorld: Contains U.S. Industry Market Research and Emerging Industry Reports, along with a Business Environment Database and Global Industry Reports
- Information Science: Periodical content covering all aspects of managing and maintaining information and technology, including usability, cataloging, circulation, business information and more.
- Informe Académico: Provides access to a wide range of full-text Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines both from and about Latin America.
- International Security & Counter Terrorism Reference Center: International Security & Counter Terrorism Reference Center of full-text journal articles, government materials, information summaries, country reports, and additional scholarly content for researching regional conflict, terrorism, domestic security and threat analysis.
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project: A collection of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use. Primary sources are available here primarily for use in high-school and university/college courses.
- JSTOR: Collection of core journals in arts, sciences, and the humanities, contains more than 100 titles in 15 disciplines.
LegalTrac: Provides indexing for more than 1,200 major law reviews, legal newspapers, specialty publications, Bar Association journals and international legal journals, including more than 200 titles in full text.
Literature Resource Center: Offers a broad range of authors and their works including a deep collection of full-text critical and literary analysis.
LitFinder: Includes world literature and authors throughout history, and contains literary works and secondary-source materials, including over 150,000 full-text poems and more than 800,000 poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches and plays.
- Mergent Online: Mergent Online is an internet-based suite of information resources that enables in-depth business and financial research.
- Military and Intelligence: Scholarly journals, magazines, and reports covering all aspects of the past and current state of military affairs. Key subject areas included: governmental policies, the socioeconomic effects of war, the structure of the armed forces and more.
- Military and Government Collection: This database is of full-text journals and periodicals pertaining to all branches of the military and government. It is designed to offer current news to military members, analysts, policy makers, students and researchers.
- Naxos Music Library: Streaming music collection offering more than a million tracks of classical, jazz, world music and more
- News: Provides access to full-text newspapers and allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section or other fields. The database offers current news and searchable archives.
- Nexis Uni: Full-text access to general, regional and international news, company news and financial information, legal information and other topics such as biographical information
- Nursing and Allied Health: Academic journals and other reference content covering all aspects of the nursing profession, from direct patient care to health care administration.
- Open Science Directory: Directory of more than 13,000 open access journals
- Opposing Viewpoints: Database covers popular social issues with pro/con viewpoint essays
P – R
- Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine: Includes proven treatment techniques, experimental research, and more with access to academic journals and magazines covering the fields of fitness and sports.
Political Science: This database has over 450 leading political science and international relations journals. This collection provides the full text of many core titles included in Worldwide Political Science Abstracts.
- Pop Culture Studies: Scholarly journals and magazines that both analyze and contribute to popular culture.
- PowerSearch: offers comprehensive access to authoritative reference, periodical and primary source information from a multitude of Gale databases.
- PsycARTICLES: Resource created by the American Psychological Association (APA), PsychArticles is a source of full text, peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific articles in psychology.
- Psychology: Academic journals and magazines that cover the study of emotions, personality and the human mind.
Pub Med Index: Index of biomedical literature from Medline, contains limited full text
- Public Health: This database delivers core public health literature from over 8,000 publications. With journals, dissertations, videos, news, trade publications, reports and more.
- Regional Business News: Full text coverage for regional business publications
- Religion and Philosophy: Scholarly journals and magazines that covers topics across a wide range of philosophies and religions.
- Research Library: Multidisciplinary database containing more than 5,060 titles - over 3,600 in full text - from 1971 forward
- SAGE Research Methods: More than 1,200 books, journals and reference works dealing in research methods
- Science: Includes the latest scientific developments in particle physics, advanced mathematics, nanotechnology, geology, and hundreds of other areas. More than 350 full-text, non-embargoed journals are covered; updated daily, this collection includes more than 1.6 million articles to satisfy almost every scientific inquiry. Key subjects: biological sciences, computing, engineering and technology.
- Security Issues Online: Security Issues Online delves into conflicts, policies, and relationships that have impacted the global arena throughout modern history. At completion, this collection will include at completion 175 hours of video and 100,000 pages of printed materials (personal papers, organizations, government documents, journals, reports, monographs, and speeches). It is organized around more than forty events and areas and includes a wide array of themes such as terrorism and counterterrorism, insurgency and counterinsurgency, cybersecurity, ethnic conflicts and resolution, and nuclear threats.
SPORTDiscus with Full Text: This comprehensive bibliographic database covers key areas of sports medicine and related fields. Content areas range from sports physiology and sports psychology to physical education and recreation. It is ideal for researchers studying different aspects of fitness, health and sport studies.
U.S. History (Gale In Context): Contextual information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in U.S. History. Includes full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience.
U.S. History (Gale OneFile): Contextual information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in U.S. History. Includes full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience.
- Vocations and Careers: Library resource that provides current and applicable periodical content to aid in career and vocational research – from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals.
- War and Terrorism: Academic journals and magazines of interest to analysts, risk management professionals, and students of military science, history and social science.
- World Cat: Index of library collections worldwide
- World History (Gale OneFile): Scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers.
World History (Gale In Context): Provides an overview of world history covering over 5,000 years from antiquity to the present and geographically around the globe. It combines Primary Source documents, reference articles, as well as other content such as country and era overview information, full-text periodicals and journals.
- World Scholar: Latin America & the Caribbean: This multidisciplinary resource includes a comprehensive range of content for the region, providing research across the humanities both for current issues and events in Latin America and the Caribbean as well as for historical perspective back to the colonial period.