Waldorf University takes pride in our service to students. From time to time, students may have questions concerning policies or practices. Generally there are logical explanations for situations, and usually most questions can be resolved in an informal setting through direct discussion with the individual or office involved. In instances where a student raises a question about a policy or decision, the affected staff or faculty member may respond. If it is not possible to resolve a matter through direct discussion, a student may appeal for further consideration by registering a complaint.

Registering a Complaint with Waldorf University

Waldorf University is committed to providing high quality academic programs and services for students, and encourages students to contact the University if there is cause for concern regarding academic or non-academic matters.

A complaint is defined as dissatisfaction occurring when a decision, act, or condition, based upon specific factual data, affects the student in a perceived negative or unjust manner; furthermore, an allegation of improper, unfair, arbitrary, or discriminatory treatment by university personnel.

Residential Programs

Residential students who wish to register an academic complaint may contact the Waldorf University Vice President for Academic Affairs at 800-292-1903. To clarify the student’s concerns, complaints should be sent in writing to:
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Waldorf University
106 S. 6th St.
Forest City, IA 50436.

Residential students who wish to register a non-academic complaint may contact the Waldorf University Dean of Students at 641-585-8160 or by email at ramakerj@waldorf.edu where an incident report/complaint form may be completed and reviewed for follow up.

Online Programs

Online program students who wish to file a complaint, academic or non-academic, may contact their assigned Student Services Representative at 877-267-2157 for assistance. To clarify the student’s concerns, complaints should be sent in writing to:
Student Services Department
Waldorf University
P.O. Box 3269
Orange Beach, AL 36561.

Contact information for registering a complaint with the accrediting or state licensure agencies is available below. It is recommended that student not contact these agencies until after the student has registered a complaint with the University and has not received a response to the request for resolution.

Accrediting Agency

Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
230 S. LaSalle St., Ste. 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413

State Authorization Agencies

The State authorization agencies correspond with the physical location of students while enrolled in Waldorf's degree programs. For residential students taking courses on-campus, the Iowa College Aid would be the applicable agency.

Students may file a complaint with Iowa College Aid online or submit a written complaint to:

Iowa College Aid
475 SW Fifth Street Suite D
Des Moines, IA 50309-4608

Waldorf is an approved institutional participant in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). Online students whose complaints are not otherwise resolved through Waldorf’s internal process, and who reside in a SARA member-state, may also appeal their complaint to the Iowa College Aid which oversees SARA institutions in Iowa for review after exhausting Waldorf’s internal process using the Student Complaint Form. At this time, the only non-SARA member-state is California.

Students residing in Alabama may file a complaint with the Private School Licensure Division (PSL) of the Alabama Community College System by submitting the online school complaint form. View the procedures for submitting complaints with PSL.

Students residing in California may file a complaint with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). BPPE’s contact information is as follows:

2535 Capital Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833

Last Updated: May 5, 2020