For active-duty military members, see our online tuition rates page for the current rates.
Additionally, some active-duty members may elect to use the MGIB "top-up" in addition to their service provided TA to cover courses when TA is almost exhausted.
All active-duty service members receive an application fee waiver. Spouses and children of active- duty military will receive the application fee waiver and a 10 percent tuition discount.
Tuition assistance is dependent on the Pentagon’s budget. A Servicemember should understand that TA is therefore conditional while on Active Duty.
Tuition Assistance Instructions
Members of the military or any organization that provides Tuition Assistance (TA) should go through the applicable counseling and training prior to utilizing TA attend.
We recommend you start this process at least 4 weeks prior to your course start date.
- Complete all TA application requirements including education counseling by each services Education Service Officer and required training
- Apply for admission to our university and print your degree plan.
- Register for courses; all branches require registration prior to approval.
- Choose Military TA as your payment method.
- Log into your branch education portal and follow their process for enrolling and requesting TA. You will need to make a separate request for each course with a unique start date.
- Maintain at least a C average for undergraduate courses and B average for graduate course.
Each branch of the service has a specific TA process and requirements. Please select your branch portal below for the most up-to-date information.
- Air Force - To use Air Force Tuition Assistance, your request must be approved by your supervisor via the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC), and fall within the TA application window of 45 calendar days prior to, and no later than 7 calendar days before, the term start date.
- Army - ArmyIgnitED
- Coast Guard (form ETQC 1560) - Help line: 405-954-1360
- Marine Corps - Contact your Marine Corps Voluntary Education Center to receive educational counseling either in person or by phone. With your academic advisor, determine which courses will be requested for TA funding.
- National Guard (form Army DA 2171)
- Navy - Prior to submitting first TA request, receive counseling from a Navy College Education Counselor from an OCONUS Navy College Office (NCO) or from the Navy College Virtual Education Center (NCVEC). Apply for tuition assistance electronically by clicking on Secure Tuition Assistance & Other Funding at Navy College, or log in through CAC or DEERS.
- Reserves (select your branch portal)