This event is a one of a kind All-State Piano, Vocal & Instrumental Workshop on the Waldorf University campus. The workshop is designed for all interested and all levels of preparation from beginning to advanced. Whether you are looking for a follow-up event to the initial All-State Vocal Workshops held around the state each August following the announcement of the Iowa All-State Vocal Selections or an initial introduction to the materials and audition expectations, this workshop has what you need!
This year's workshop will be held on Thursday, September 15, 2022.
Unique to this workshop is its focus on piano accompaniment skills for those pianists that will be auditioning as an All-State Accompanist. Experience the music in real-time with a choir of voices. Vocalists alike will experience the music with an exceptional accompanist in rehearsal. Celebrate your accomplishments in a performance for the directors, parents and community.
New this year is the inclusion of instrumentalists! We are looking forward to aiding with technique but also practice behaviors that will influence auditions and future music experiences for a lifetime.
- Dr. Emilie Bertram, Director of Choral Activities for Waldorf University will lead the Vocal Ensemble in rehearsals.
- Sectionals and Small Ensemble Rehearsals led by area master teachers, Jason Heitland, Joel Everist, Annika Andrews and Linda Ferjak.
- Jackie Burk, former Iowa All-State Choir Chair & Adjunct Professor in Choral Education at Waldorf University will lead the Piano Accompanist.
- Melissa Phillips, Coordinator of Keyboard Studies at Waldorf University & Private Piano Instructor within the community will provide pedagogy on collaborative pianism.
- Mike McEniry, Director of Instrumental Activities at Waldorf University and former band director with Mason City High School. Mr. McEniry will provide technique-based lessons and share strategies for practice behaviors and audition success.
- Dawn Rutt, Waldorf University Instrumental Adjunct, instructor of band at Forest City Community Schools, and professional french horn will provide individual lessons and audition expectations.
Students and directors will also enjoy a meal with clinicians and current students participating in music and experience campus through a brief tour of the Boman Fine Arts Center, campus and other facilities as requested (i.e., athletic, Esports, etc.).
It doesn’t stop there! Students attending the clinic are also offered the opportunity to extend the coaching with Waldorf faculty. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 8:15-8:45 a.m. – Check-in/Registration
- 8:45-9 a.m. – Opening with Waldorf Admissions
- 9-10:30 a.m. - Sectionals & auditions in various locations
- 10:45-11:30 a.m. – Mass Rehearsal in Boman Fine Arts Center
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Lunch with Waldorf Music Faculty & Students
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. – Sectionals & auditions in various locations
- 1:30-2 p.m. – Open Rehearsal in Boman Fine Arts Center
If you are unable to attend our All-State Piano & Vocal Workshop but would like to schedule individual or group coachings, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also schedule a campus visit any day of the week.