Generous scholarships support the music making tradition of Waldorf University. Scholarships are available and open to all students, who participate in an ensemble in the Department of Music regardless of their major course of study.
Expectations for the continuation of the award include:
- Continuous enrollment in a major ensemble (Waldorf Choir or Wind Symphony),
- Lessons on a primary instrument for two consecutive semesters, and
- Achievement of a B or higher in ensemble and lesson.
- Service contribution each semester (i.e., ushering, fundraiser, etc.)
Department of Music scholarships are renewable for up to four years for full-time students. Music Education students may apply for a one-semester extension if required for their student teaching requirement.
To apply, visit the Music Scholarship application.
The following is provided to aid you in preparing for your recorded submission. If you do not have access to these materials or an instructor, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Suggested Recorded Submission Contents:
- Two contrasting etudes or solo excerpts at the high school level appropriate for state solo contest.
- One solo piece, preferably memorized, which represents your technical and musical mastery level.
- A second solo piece of contrasting style, does not need to be memorized.
- Two contrasting solo pieces, such as a folksong or classical art song, performed with or without accompaniment. Memorization required.
- Happy Birthday without accompaniment.
Suggested Dress Attire
- Business casual encouraged but not required.