Out of all the jobs in creative and media fields, positions in public relations are consistently ranked as some of the best. The Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Public Relations allows you to transfer in more of your credits, so you can complete your degree faster and explore opportunities in almost any industry you can imagine – from non-profit organizations to government agencies to multinational corporations.
Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Public Relations introduces a fresh mix of media topics that will prepare you to write strategic message campaigns and build mutually beneficial relationships between your organization and the public. You’ll discover the power behind integrated marketing communication, learn the art of building a company’s brand from within and become adept at managing messages to shape public perception. This program is perfect for students with incoming transfer credit because it offers additional flexibility and makes it possible to transfer in more credit, which means you’ll be able to graduate sooner and get started on your successful career.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
*All Waldorf courses may be selected from the catalog and course schedule to be used as electives, provided that they are not used to satisfy other program requirements. The following are sample electives.