The intent of the psychology program is to provide a comprehensive plan of study that will introduce students to many subfields of psychology and prepare them for careers in a number of human services careers as well as graduate and professional programs. Graduate degrees are required to pursue licensure as a psychologist, counselor, or social worker. Waldorf College psychology majors should be prepared to enter these degree programs upon graduation. Through graduate studies, students may choose to specialize in areas including clinical, experimental, developmental, social, cognitive, human factors, sports, industrial/organizational, health, and forensics.
Health Care Management Concentration
Waldorf’s Health Care Management concentration provides functional management knowledge and skills, including an overview of issues and challenges specific to the field of health care delivery. Emphasis of instruction is on developing the managerial knowledge and skills required to work in today’s regulated, complex health care field.
Estimated time of completion of this program is 4 years for full-time students.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives||48|
|HCM||3002||Introduction to Health Care Management||3|
|HCM||3801||Issues and Trends in Health Care||3|
|HCM||4201||Health Care Law||3|
|HCM||4053||Financial Management of Health Care Organizations||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||12|