Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Organizational Leadership combines a unique blend of leadership strategy and the flexibility to choose from a full slate of concentration options, each focused on real-world leadership applications. Concentrations range from industry-related areas to applied leadership specialties. With this program’s comprehensive leadership foundation coupled with applied concentrations, the bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership is a versatile program that provides strong preparation for a variety of careers.
Leadership Communication Concentration
Develop one of the most valuable skills for any professional: leadership communication. This skill is important for creating relationship networks, influencing and inspiring people, and collaborating effectively. Waldorf’s Leadership Communication concentration is designed for both current and aspiring leaders and offers built-in flexibility, so you can focus on aspects of leadership communication that best match your goals. Are your goals focused on leading and promoting your organization through social media, public relations, or strategies for communication during times of crisis? Are your goals focused on relationship aspects of leadership communication? Or, would you like to become a more skilled public speaker? You choose the combination of courses that fit your goals!
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives||48|
|PSY||4510||Attitudes and Persuasion||3|
|Choose three from the following:|
|ORG||3800||Leadership across Generations||3|
|ORG/BUS||4080||Creative Thinking and Problem Solving||3|
|COM||2040||Introduction to Public Relations||3|
|COM||4220||Public Relations Skills||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||12|
* Please see course descriptions in Online Programs Catalog for hardware/software requirements.