Founded in response to the 9-11 attacks, the Department of Homeland Security is the largest federal law enforcement agency in the United States. Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science in Homeland Security is designed to provide an in-depth background related to Department of Homeland Security practices. Waldorf’s B.A. program focuses on strategies to protect the American homeland, including prevention, planning, and response measures related to terrorist threat.
Criminal Justice Concentration
Waldorf’s Criminal Justice concentration provides the opportunity to explore the three primary areas of the criminal justice system: law enforcement, courts and corrections. Beyond the Introduction to Criminal Justice course, students can select courses of greatest interest to tailor the concentration to their needs or wants. This flexibility provides a broad overview of the three elements of criminal justice or the option to focus more in-depth on specific areas of interest.
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives
|Introduction to Criminal Justice
|Additional Criminal Justice Courses*
|Theory and Practice of Law Enforcement
|Theory and Practice of Corrections
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:
*Choose the remaining 9 credits from any additional Criminal Justice courses offered at Waldorf. Provided are examples of courses that may be selected.