Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Care Management is designed to provide the essential knowledge and skills to be effective mid-level health care managers in various health care settings. The program has a special focus on the efficiency and quality of care provided in hospitals and other health facilities. Waldorf’s B.A.S. in Health Care Management does not require a clinical or in-field experience component.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 15 percent through 2029.
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|HCM||3002||Introduction to Health Care Management||3|
|HCM||3303||Health Informatics: Principles and Practice||3|
|HCM||3304||Principles of Epidemiology||3|
|HCM||4201||Health Care Law||3|
|HCM||4053||Financial Management of Health Care Organizations||3|
|HCM||3801||Issues and Trends in Health Care||3|
|HCM||4320||Development and Strategic Planning in Health Care||3|
|REL||4035||Life, Meaning, and Vocation||3|
|HCM||4304||Project Management for Health Care Professionals||3|
|HCM||4303||Comparative Health Systems||3|
|HCM||4305||Long-Term Care Management||3|
|HCM||4308||Research Methods for Health Professionals**||3|
|BUS||2201||Principles in Accounting||3|
|HCM||4307||Health Care Quality Management||3|
|BUS||3602||Principles of Management||3|
|BUS||3352||Human Resource Management||3|
|HCM||4400||Risk Management in Health Care||3|
*Any Waldorf courses may be selected from the catalog and course schedule to be used as electives, provided that they are not used to satisfy other program requirements. The provided are sample electives.
** HCM 4308 and MTH 2023 are strongly recommended for students considering graduate school