Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Business Administration provides a comprehensive background in functional business areas, including accounting, management, and marketing. Business Administration majors have the option to specialize in management or human resource management by selecting a concentration in either of these focus areas. Students also have the option to choose an eclectic combination of professional electives as an alternative to the concentrations.
Health Care Management Concentration
Waldorf’s Health Care Management concentration provides functional management knowledge and skills, including an overview of issues and challenges specific to the field of health care delivery. This program combines a business-oriented approach with the managerial knowledge and skills required to work in today’s regulated, complex health care field.
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives||36|
|HCM||3002||Introduction to Health Care Management||3|
|HCM||3801||Issues and Trends in Health Care||3|
|HCM||4053||Financial Management of Health Care Organizations||3|
|HCM||4201||Health Care Law||3|
|HCM||4320||Development and Strategic Planning in Health Care||3|
|HCM||3303||Health Informatics: Principles and Practice||3|
|Choose one course from the following:|
|HCM||3304||Principles of Epidemiology||3|
|HCM||4304||Project Management for Health Care Professionals||3|
|HCM||4303||Comparative Health Systems||3|
|HCM||4305||Long-Term Care Management||3|
|HCM||4308||Research Methods for Health Professionals||3|
|HCM||4307||Health Care Quality Management||3|
|HCM||4400||Risk Management in Health Care||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||24|