Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Business Administration provides a comprehensive background in functional business areas, including accounting, management, and marketing. Business Administration majors have the option to specialize in management or human resource management by selecting a concentration in either of these focus areas. Students also have the option to choose an eclectic combination of professional electives as an alternative to the concentrations.
Waldorf’s Communications concentration provides hands-on experience with current technologies, providing students with a creative, project-based experience. Complementing the bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, this concentration focuses on the use of media to impact the business world. Students will explore a variety of content areas, studying theoretical concepts as well as electronic and digital media.
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives||36|
|COM||1030||Mass Communications and Society||3|
|COM||2040||Intro to Public Relations||3|
|Choose three courses from the following:|
|COM||1040||News Gathering and Reporting||3|
|COM||4410||Mass Media Law||3|
|COM||4220||Public Relations Skills||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||24|