The intent of the psychology program is to provide a comprehensive plan of study that will introduce students to many subfields of psychology and prepare them for careers in a number of human services careers as well as graduate and professional programs. Graduate degrees are required to pursue licensure as a psychologist, counselor, or social worker. Waldorf University psychology majors should be prepared to enter these degree programs upon graduation. Through graduate studies, students may choose to specialize in areas including clinical, experimental, developmental, social, cognitive, human factors, sports, industrial/organizational, health, and forensics.
Sport Management Concentration
Exciting careers can be made off the playing field with a Sport Management concentration from Waldorf. Students enrolled in this concentration will explore a variety of classes, including sport sociology and sport administration, to better understand the sports industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts an increase of 29% in jobs in coaching and scouting through 2020 and a 10% increase in agents and managers of athletes through 2023.
Estimated time of completion of this program is 4 years for full-time students.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives||48|
|SMT||2701||Sociology of Sport||3|
|Additional Sport Management Courses*||6|
|SMT||4301||Sport Legal Liability and Risk Management||3|
|SMT||2801||Sport Public Relations and Promotions||3|
|PED||2701||History and Principles of PE and Sport||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||12|
*Choose the remaining 6 credits from any additional Sport Management courses offered at Waldorf. Provided are examples of courses that may be selected: