Waldorf’s Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Organizational Leadership combines a unique blend of leadership strategy and the flexibility to choose from a full slate of concentration options, each focused on real-world leadership applications. Concentrations range from industry-related areas to applied leadership specialties. With this program’s comprehensive leadership foundation coupled with applied concentrations, the bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership is a versatile program that provides strong preparation for a variety of careers.
Occupational Safety and Health Concentration
Waldorf’s Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) concentration provides foundational knowledge and initial exposure to the Occupational Safety and Health field. Learners explore a variety of areas within the discipline, including industrial hygiene and occupational, environmental, and health safety. This concentration is designed for students seeking entry-level exposure to the OSH field, as well as for professionals in industries such as manufacturing, construction, and fire science who are seeking to bolster their risk management background.
Estimated time to complete this bachelor’s degree program is four years with full-time enrollment.
This program is available online only.
B.A.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the B.A.S. core curriculum (30 Credits)
- Completion of the required courses in a major field (30 Credits)
- Completion of additional courses (including any supported courses required by the major in other departments) to a total of 120 credits depending on the major
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf (Some majors may require a cumulative GPA higher than a 2.00)
- Minimum of 30 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Remaining Professional Electives||48|
|OSH||3001||Fundamentals of Occupational Safety and Health||3|
|OSH||3651||Total Environmental, Health, and Safety Management||3|
|OSH||4301||Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene||3|
|Choose one from the following:|
|FSC||3345||Introduction to Fire Prevention||3|
|OSH||3640||Interactions of Hazardous Materials||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||12|
*Concentration credits apply toward Group B credit requirements. Concentrations are optional