The intent of the psychology program is to provide a comprehensive plan of study that will introduce students to many subfields of psychology and prepare them for careers in a number of human services careers as well as graduate and professional programs. Graduate degrees are required to pursue licensure as a psychologist, counselor, or social worker. Waldorf University psychology majors should be prepared to enter these degree programs upon graduation. Through graduate studies, students may choose to specialize in areas including clinical, experimental, developmental, social, cognitive, human factors, sports, industrial/organizational, health, and forensics.
Waldorf’s Communications concentration provides hands-on experience with current technologies, providing students with a creative, project-based experience. Complementing the bachelor’s degree in Psychology, this concentration focuses on the use of media to influence human thought and behavior. Students will explore a variety of areas within communications including: digital production and social media (COM 1020), graphic design (COM 1010), and the relationship between mass communication and pop culture (COM 1030). Students can also explore either journalism (COM 1040) or critical thinking skills for visual media (COM 2010).
Estimated time of completion of this program is 4 years for full-time students.
This program is available online only.
B.A./B.S. Degree Requirements
- Completion of the core curriculum and the curriculum for the major, totaling 120 credits
- A grade of C or higher in all coursework in the major and, if applicable, in the concentration(s)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average for work completed at Waldorf
- Minimum of 36 upper-division credit hours
Review the complete list of core requirements for this program.
|Courses Required for Major||30|
|Remaining Professional Electives||3|
|COM||1010||Introduction to Graphic Design||3|
|COM||1020||Introduction to Digital Technology||3|
|COM||1030||Mass Communications and Society||3|
|Choose one from the following:|
|COM||1040||News Gathering and Reporting||3|
|Total Concentration Credit Hours:||12|
Required hardware is listed within the course descriptions in the course catalog.
Waldorf’s Communications program requires a Mac or Windows compatible computer with the minimum specifications needed to operate Adobe Creative Cloud.
Required software is listed within the course descriptions in the course catalog and below.
Pricing for Adobe CC (Creative Cloud), one of the primary software packages used in the program
Adobe Creative Cloud is required for the following courses:
- COM 1010, Introduction to Graphic Design
- COM 2010, Visual Theory
- COM 3020, Radio Production
- COM 3030, Television/Film Production
- COM 3400, Digital Imaging
- COM 4010, Web Design
- COM 4520, Senior Capstone
Additional Hardware and Software Requirements
Additional required hardware and software is listed within the course descriptions in the course catalog and below.
- COM 1020, Introduction to Digital Technology requires Video Camera; Camera; Keynote or equivalent; Final Cut Pro X or equivalent.
- COM 3020, Radio Production requires an External Microphone; Avid Pro Tools or equivalent.
- COM 3030, Television/Film Production requires Video Camera; Final Cut Pro X or equivalent.
If you have a significant amount of completed post secondary coursework or specialized training that you would like to transfer, consider the BAS Psychology - Communications program.