Teachstone was founded by the co-authors of the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) with the mission to help every child and educator reach their full potential through the power of interactions.
The interactions that educators have with children can greatly impact each child's learning and development. And, research shows that children in classrooms with higher quality teacher-child interactions make gains in areas critical for success in school and later in life.
CLASS is the most evidence-based and widely used assessment of teaching quality in the world. It works to provide a clear, consistent definition to quality teaching through defining key teacher-child interactions.
Teachstone is proud to offer the only Child Development Associate (CDA) preparation program that is powered by CLASS. This offering is uniquely designed to build learners' understanding of early childhood development and introduce learners to the proven power of meaningful interactions. Over 10,000 learners and counting have enrolled in the CDA with CLASS® program.
Why Teachstone's CDA with CLASS®?
- Complete coursework on any device, on your own schedule
- Enjoy engaging learning experiences that feature podcasts, real classroom videos, and more
- Receive personalized support, pacing, and guidance from experienced facilitators
- Learn skills to improve your interactions with children
- Earn nine transferable college credits at a cost-savings price
Earn Credits Towards your Associate's Degree with CDA with CLASS®
Students who complete the facilitated CDA with CLASS® will earn nine transferable college credits towards their associate's degree at Waldorf University. Each course within the CDA with CLASS® program provides three college credits upon completion.
- Course 1: Understanding Early Childhood Development meets ECE 1010 course requirement
- Course 2: Health, Safety, and Environment meets ECE 2010 course requirement
- Course 3: Fundamentals of Teaching in Early Childhood meets ECE 2020 course requirement
Jump start your professional learning journey with CDA with CLASS® .